22 May 2009

Seattle: Day 2

Our second day in Seattle, we took a ferry to Bainbridge Island and then to Poulsbo to go see the cute little town that Matt grew up in. We drove our rental car right onto the ferry...pretty cool!
Ange hanging over the side of the ferry
We didn't want to go out in the cold and we thought about just staying in the car, but we opted for some hot chocolate and some sight seeing on the upper levels.
Enjoying our hot chocolate, while Matt tells us all about Poulsbo
(Seattle in the background)
Ange gets super carsick so I let her sit up front with Matt
As you can see, I think they quite enjoyed themselves, while Josh and I tried to keep down our breakfast with Matt's crazy driving through all the windy roads!
Matt's family built this house in Poulsbo and lived there during Matt's junior high and highchool days. The new owners haven't kept it up as well as the Bambl's did!
Matt took us out to the pier in Indianola...it was beautiful!
Josh and I striking a pose...happy to be out of the car!!
I want a cute little beach house like this someday!
the shore
We saw a bald eagle as we were walking down the pier, which I kind of thought was fake, but it turned out to be real and flew away when we got closer.
Ange and I got a little cold...
anybody seen "Without a Paddle"..."I don't see nothin' wrong"
Ange and I got a little picture happy!!
We went to downtown Poulsbo and it was so cute and clean!
The Marina in Poulsbo
Ange...you are a superstar!!
The little shops downtown were so cute! We poked our heads in a view of them...
Matt really wanted to go to the bakery and get an eclair. Unfortunately he left it in the car and it melted before he could try any...sorry babe :(
We didn't eat at this fish house, but the fish/man statue was picture worthy!
We went to the Central Market to eat Pizza and breadsticks. Matt used to go here for lunch in highschool and he's raved about how good it is. It didn't disappoint...it was cheap and delicious! The Market is thee nicest grocery store I've ever seen. It was so clean and cute and I've never seen such fresh produce in large quantities like that.
Josh and Ange got a little board waiting for the ferry...
This is the view of the west side of Seattle from our ferry. It didn't look real. I kept thinking that it looked like one of those pop-up puzzles.
Seattle is Huge!Space Needle
These boats with machine guns kept following our ferry and we kept thinking that there might be some terrorist threat, but it turned out to be just a fire drill.
After our day in Poulsbo we headed downtown for shopping and dinner.
Scrapmetal Penguin in the mall. We went to Norstrom Rack, H&M, and Old Navy...good times!
We ate at the Fox Sports Grill for dinner. The resturant was underground and had big screen tv's on every wall!

3 comments:

Jacee McGuire said...

Looks like so much fun. Seattle is Huge! Happy Anniversary!

Jessica Reeves said...

That seriously looks SO fun!! I ran into Kallee the other day at Olive Garden. Her ring is beautiful and Skyler is so cute! I'm so excited for them!

Cairen said...

I am so impressed that Matt remembered his way around! I think I would be completely lost! The pictures make me want to take a trip back there!