27 May 2009

2 years old!!

I can't believe my baby turns 2 today!! I love this kid! He is such a joy in my life. Ty is growing up so fast. Instead of wanting bottles and binkies, now he wants bikes and sunglasses. It's so fun to see what he's going to do next. He is the most busy kid I ever seen and he keeps me going all day long! I love you bubba!!
We celebrated part of Ty's birthday on Monday when Matt had the day off. We went to Walmart to get Ty a new bike that he's been wanting ever since he got on Ethan's bike.
The bike is a little big for him and he doesn't get the pedal thing yet, but it's what he wanted and he can grow into it! Matt got him a little horn to put on the bike...I'm already regretting that purchase! The neighbors are going to love us!
After that we took Ty to Chucke E Cheese
Ty insists on wearing his sunglasses most everywhere
Ty didn't want to eat, he was so distracted by all the cool cars!
We finally got him to take a few bites of Pizza
Ty climbed into this little jungle gym that adults aren't allowed in. I did forsee this happening, but Ty did not want to come out. We kept trying to get him to go down the slide to get out...it took us about 15 minutes to finally get him free!
Today for Ty's actual birthday, all he wanted to do was ride his bike...so that's what we did!
Oh...I could squeeze him all day long
Ty has a birthday party with some friends on Saturday and so I made his huge cupcake tonight for practice. I used food coloring to dye the cocunut green for the grass, and I crumbled up oreos for the dirt. It looks pretty bad, but I have hope that I can improve it! He was really excited to see his Tractor Cake though so that's all that I really care about!

8 comments:

Brian and Janean Lulloff said...

The tractor cake is awesome! I hope my Braxton is half as cute as Ty when he turns 2!

Evans said...

He is so stinkin cute! Happy Birthday Ty!

Jessica Reeves said...

He is so cute! I can't believe he is 2!!! Great job on the tractor cake! You are so talented! Thanks again for letting me stop by your house! It was so great to see you!

Kit said...

Cute post!They grow up too stinkin fast!

Kit said...

And Love the cake!

Alesha said...

Oh Ty, you are such a big boy on your new bike! Love the sunglasses and awesome job on the tractor cake!

Doug and Laura said...

Happy Birthday! I love his aviators.

Poelmans said...

Meggan! I found you (through Jen)!! Hope you don't mind if I add you to my links. Lindsay M. Poelman