26 March 2010

Introducing... Bode Tate Bambl!

We got a call Monday morning March 22nd at 5:20 from the Utah Valley Hospital asking us to come in to be induced at 6. We got to the hospital and got set up, by 8 am they had me all hooked up and got the Pitossin started. It took about 3 hours to get contractions starting. They started getting bad around noon and I was feeling them in my back again (Ty was posterior and so was Bode) and so I asked for an epidural. By 12:45 I had the epidural all set up and working and I was able to doze off for a little bit feeling some relief from pain...but not for long. Around 1:15 when my contractions came I felt a ton of pressure. I ignored the first few, but then realized that I better say something. When we finally got the nurse to come check on me I was fully dilated and the babies head was coming out on it's own. I guess my water broke while I was sleeping and I jumped from a 3 to a 10 in a half hour. Luckily my Dr. had barely gotten to the hospital thinking she was just coming to break my water, but instead she barely had enough time to get everything set up to deliver the baby. I only had two rounds of pushing and he was out!! I couldn't believe how easy that was compared to delivering Ty!
Pre-game Show

Matt being funny...acting like he was going to do something important with those gloves... .
Bode Tate is finally here!! 6 lbs. 10 oz. and 18 1/2 in. long!

Our family of four...wow that's weird!
Ty checking out his new baby brother...

Daddy watching over Bode while he got cleaned off
All clean and comfy...he looks so much like Ty did!

Little guy in a big carseat ready to go home!
Bode is such a good baby! Very quiet...only cries when he's hungry or cold. Now we just need to work on getting a little more sleep!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's darling! and that little brown hat is to die for!! Congrats on your sweet baby boy!

Sarah said...

Congratulations!!! Glad it went so well. He's so sweet meggan and we're so happy for you guys.

collinanddani said...

He is so cute! He looks so much like Ty. I'm glad it was so fast!

Erin said...

so cute

erin p

Nate and Nicole said...

CONGRATS!!! Such a cutie in that little car seat!

Cairen said...

I am so glad that it went to well and so fast! We can't wait to see him in a couple weeks...
He is so cute!

Ange said...

Congrats!!! He is so stinkin cute! You look so good Megg! Love ya!

Jessica Reeves said...

Meg, he is ADORABLE!!! Congrats! I think he totally looks like Ty! I can't believe you have 2 kids now!! So crazy! I hope you're getting some sleep! He is adorable!

Alesha said...

Congrats to all of you! So happy everything went much smoother, quicker, and easier this time! He is a very handsome little boy in a big car seat! Glad he is such a good baby boy too! Loves

IFtheShoeFits said...

Can't wait to come and visit! Let me know when things settle down and we'll bring you dinner. Congrats on another cutie!

Kim said...

He TOTALLY looks just like Ty! oh so sweet can't wait to come see you. Congrats! Love his name too!

Aubrey said...

Congrats! He is SO cute!!! I'm so glad things went so well and Ty looks like a proud big brother. :) so happy for you guys.

Esther Noelle said...

congratulations! So happy the birth went so smoothly!

wenwin said...

Congrats! I'm so glad everything went well! Two boys! Time sure flies when you're having fun, huh? Good luck recouping and getting some sleep!

Evans said...

Oh he is adorable congrats!

Lyssa said...

Congrats! He is adorable!

KO said...

Meg... he's darling. Looks just like Ty. Good luck with everything! P.S. Where did you get those darling hats?