29 January 2008

Swimming Lessons!!

Ty didn't know what to think when we first started swimming lessons. Besides the fact that the big pool of water is kind of scary for them, the water was a little cold for them too (and me)! He's had 3 lessons now and he's getting better every time, but it's really cute when he gets scared or too cold, because he snuggles up to me and hides his face...which I love since he hardley ever cuddles me! I'm glad he's learning to be comfortable in the water...I really don't want him to be a scarety cat like I was when I was little!
Ty and Drew were so tired after their lesson on Friday that they both fell asleep...I think the water or chlorine wears them out. It's fun to see these two interact and play...and steal each others binkies!
I'm in trouble...my greatest fears have come to fruition! Ty learned how to climb onto his crib pad and now he's one step closer to being able to climb out of his crib...yikes! What do I do?

9 comments:

Cairen said...

That is so fun! I am glad he has a cute little buddy to play with! Can't you lower his mattress? That is so crazy, it seems like he is still a baby and shouldn't be doing any of this yet.. I really need to come visit!

Angie said...

Hey Megg,

Ty is so cute! I have finally added your blog to my favorites and whenever I look at it he just makes me smile! Good luck with the climbing thing...Jackson climbed out of the crib before he was 2. So he got a big boy bed early! Soon Ty's bed will have nothing at all in it because he will be smart and use it to climb on. I remember the first time the kids got a stool and dragged it around to turn on a light, or whatever they needed it for. Kind of a pain, but I was impressed with how smart they were! Anyway, thanks for posting the pictures, they brighten my day!

Love,
Angie (your cousin!)

Jessica Reeves said...

How fun! I bet he loves his swimming lessons! He looks so cute!!

The Platts said...

Soo fun! I remember Addie's swimming lessons at that age. Our pool was cold too! You guys will have to come down this summer and swim at our house. Addie starts lessons in a couple weeks, too, but without mom. We'll see how that goes.

Alesha said...

Oh Ty, you are such a big boy, learning how to become a fish! What a fun bonding experience.

Kim said...

Yowzah! What a couple of hotties!

Jamie Lynn said...

Hi! I found your blog on Jordan's, it is so fun to see your cute family. Ty is darling! I just had a little girl in November and I love posting pics of my little Lucy too! Glad to see all is good.

Jamie (Meek)

John, Amanda and Clara said...

Hi Meggan,

I found your blog today as well from Dan and Marci Clark. I can't believe that we have babies! I just had my first on Jan 25th. Your son is so adorable!

Amanda Palsson Armstrong (check out our blog!)

Joe and Kenzie said...

Meggan,
he is so big, I can't believe how fast they grow up and the new things they learn everyday. He is adorable!