15 November 2007

He Always Sang a Happy Tune...

My Grandpa Platt passed away recently and I 've been thinking a lot about the things that he taught me, things that I will take with me and use in my life for good. Whenever I think of Grandpa Platt I think of music and singing. Whenever the extended Platt family gets together, we always sing. Some of the best memories I have with the Platt family are memories of us all gathered in a circle, singing the songs that Grandpa and Grandma Platt had passed on to everyone. I'm grateful for Grandpa's love of music and the spirit that it always brought to my heart...and will continue to! These are some pictures of Grandpa singing at my wedding luncheon. Despite how difficult it was for him to stand up and sing, it brought him great joy to do it...and brought even more joy to those who were able to hear it! My cute sister Kallie is on a mission and was not able to attend Grandpa's funeral. She was always so sweet with him and I know she misses him. Kallie...I thought you might enjoy seeing these pictures!

4 comments:

Jessica Reeves said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandpa. That is so hard. We hope to see you guys soon. Maybe we can get together sometime over the holidays. I need to meet Ty!!

Unknown said...

Meggan-
So that's where you get your talent from! I don't know if I ever told you how impressed I was at the Visiting Teaching Conference. WOW! You have quite a talent. So sorry about your Grandpa!

Abraham and Sara said...

I love that our family sings. What a great gift to pass to our children! I am beginning to teach Abraham some of our family songs. I'll miss Grandpa too but what an amazing legacy he left for us to pass on.
Love you!

Cairen said...

Meggan I am so sorry to hear about your Grandpa, that was a very sweet post, it sounds like he will be very missed!